Update and Deep Thoughts

Hello friends!

We are in the middle of Spring Break around here and I am finishing my hiatus of writing blog posts! Jenn has kept the fires burning well and it is among many other things, one reason why I love having her as a writing partner. My brain is overwhelmed lately and unfortunately as much as I love writing, it often falls to the bottom of the pile. But, one of the last things I left you faithful readers with was my move out of state.

That's not happening. (queue heavens parting and angels singing...)

We are staying in good old, super expensive So Cal. We are, of course, THRILLED. But there is still a soft little voice every once in awhile that whispers in my ear about price per square foot and large back yards and family close enough to babysit and have Sunday dinners. That little voice tugs at my heart but the Great Almighty has asked us to stay and so... we stay.

Jenn and I are anxiously waiting to hear back from our editor on the first 100 pages of our rewrite. It's incredibly hard to be patient. Especially since you all know that we have poured our hearts and souls into these pages for the last year. Deciding to change it to YA was the right move but still, it's like learning to walk all over again. We believe in what we have composed on those pages and we know that those of you that are interested in young adult fantasy reads will love it. We do!

Another fun fact while I'm sharing, is that I recently was offered a new job. As we all know, writers must have something to supplement income while they are waiting for publishers to ask for the film rights to their books. The fun part of it is that Jenn already works there! Now we get to have collaboration time during lunch and dream together about what it will be like when someone finally calls us to say "I love it, when can I have the rest?". It's awesome!

We will surely keep you updated. Thanks, as always, for the support and love!

{H}





Holly and Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment